What sets Alan apart from other private lending trainers?
Hello, my name is Donna Pena. As someone who has been working with Alan for 11 years, and in many different capacities of the business, I feel uniquely qualified to answer this question, which, sooner or later, most prospective students and customers end up asking themselves.
So let’s get right to the point: What does separate Alan from all the other private lending trainers out there? Here are 10 things just off the top of my head:
- Alan has created innovative systems, tools, and personal training that put him squarely on the cutting edge of real estate investing education. Here is just a small list of his innovations:
- The Three-Touch Rule (The rule that differentiates family, friends, and associates from strangers) – it is important to understand this so you are compliant with SEC rules on when you can approach folks to lend you money)
- The Educational Luncheon (How to turn strangers into associates)
- Alan’s SEC Chart (Innovative chart that enables students to easily choose the proper SEC-compliant program for their business)
- The California Loophole (How to get $5,000,000 in private money for only a $700 fee and be able to advertise, pool money, and cross state lines)
- The Family, Friends, & Associates Concept
- The 3 Levels of SEC Compliance (This is important because it makes it simple for real estate investors to know which SEC programs they can use.)
- Website disclaimer by state (Created by an attorney.)
- His knowledge of the SEC rules in every single state
- "The Path to Wealth" – what all real estate investors are looking for when working with private lenders – how to convert private individuals into private moneylenders. Alan not only teaches you what to say, but when to say it and when to move on. This also covers what marketing tools you should give the lender and when. One of the most important things to know is when to switch from asking for money to discussing the mechanics of how the money is handled. There is nothing else on the planet that gives you all you need to know about accessing and working with private lenders.
- And I could go on and on
- Alan’s depth of knowledge about Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) compliance state-by-state.
- At his live events, students — under Alan’s guidance — have raised over half a BILLION DOLLARS in just their first 24 hours.
- Alan listens to his students then uses that insight to create an abundance of easy-to-use real estate products.
- Alan’s students consistently let it be known that they LOVE his live events because of his organization, his training style, and his in-depth knowledge, and the team of employees and outside staff he brings with him to the events..
- Students who have been with other private lending trainers regularly call Alan’s office because of the lack of SEC instruction, or because they have been given incorrect direction and are looking for the correct way forward.
- Alan has a burning passion that his students remain safe, which has led him to provide them with a variety of expert SEC training and tools.
- The amazing volume of deals he has done using private money.
- The ridiculous number of times Alan has found his copyrighted product and training materials in other trainers’ systems.
- Alan not only provides a “warehouse” of SEC products, but the students that receive his training and products are always amazed at the depth of information provided.
E. Alan Cowgill
E. Alan Cowgill is the owner of Colby Properties, LLC. and President of Integrity Home Buyers, Inc. Alan invests in single-family and small multi-family properties in Springfield, Ohio, where he and his wife raised their three children.
Since 1995, Alan has done hundreds of real estate transactions. Alan uses private lenders to fund his real estate purchases. Alan looks for "win-win" situations, where the seller, the lender, and the eventual homeowner can all win. He is not a realtor, but a private investor.
Alan has served as an elected official on the Board of Directors for the Clark County Property Management Association. He is an author, consultant and national speaker. He has been asked to speak on the topics of investing for the beginning investor, and finding private lenders.
His home study system, "Private Lending Made Easy", teaches both new and seasoned real estate investors how to find private lenders for their own real estate businesses.
In addition, Alan:
- Holds a BS Degree in Business Management.
- Has appeared in real estate infomercials shown nationwide.
- Was featured in the Business Section of the Springfield News-Sun newspaper in an article on real estate investing.
- Was interviewed for the book "Walking With The Wise Real Estate Investor" (by Mentors Magazine), which includes contributions by Donald Trump.
- Adjunct professor for five years at Clark State University.
- Is a published author not only for Real Estate but also in American Industry.
- Has over a quarter century of experience in business management.
- Business trainer and consultant.
- Speaking Engagements include: Yovel, England; Dallas, Texas; Fort Collins, Colorado; Atlanta, Ga.; Jacksonville, Florida; Cashiers, NC.; Las Vegas, Nevada and Springfield, Ohio.